Saturday, February 5, 2011

Learning to let go...

Learning to let go..

I recently read an article about learning to let go. This applies to so many of us on different levels of our lives. One that caught my attention was “Stop holding on to clothes that don’t fit”. How many of us have an array of sizes in our closets either the too big section or the too small section?

Having weight loss surgery changes our physical appearance in such a dramatic way but so many of us truly don’t see those changes when we look in the mirror. It’s difficult at times for our minds to catch up to what has really happened to our bodies. Many of us lived for years as obese people trying to hide not only behind the walls we physically created but also with the clothes we wore.

So my fellow WLS friends – What’s in your closet?

Maybe it’s time to let go of the old you and start embracing the new you!

1 comment:

Missie said...

I'm a wls newbie. Had surgery on 12/10. Had life threatening complications. Spent 6 days in ICU and 17 days total in hospital. Still having major problems. I'm glad I found your blog. Looks like it will help me tremendously.