Friday, May 13, 2011

Obesity Help Magazine

As a professional in the bariatric community I am blessed with the opportunity to meet weight loss patients on a daily basis. Many share their personal stories from living life as an obese person to having conversations as a fellow weight loss patient. I am very passionate about the education and treatment of obesity along with advocacy in my local community and on a national level. When I am surrounded by colleagues and fellow weight loss patients who share that same passion, it truly makes my heart smile.

I believe that weight loss surgery is a very personal choice which requires hard work and a lifelong lifestyle change. October 18, 2007 is my re-birth date when I made that commitment to myself by having Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass.

My personal journey has consisted of many road bumps but I still consider myself to be one of the biggest advocates for this lifestyle change. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason (even if we don’t know the reason when it happens) and I am using my experience to help others by giving back to the bariatric community.

I have shared portions of my story on different levels with patients and professionals because of my passion to give back and touch lives. After sharing bits and pieces I decided to elaborate and share more information about my journey.

Today I was elated/honored to see that my story had been published in the May/June 2011 Obesity Help magazine!

We all need support during our journey and Obesity Help is a huge additional resource for the weight loss community on different levels. One avenue of support through this organization is the OH Magazine which is full of personal stories, information on obesity and the treatment options, recipes, contests etc.

Support is a vital component for success in my personal weight loss journey. I always want different levels of support therefore I am a member/support group leader with Obesity Help. I encourage anyone looking for additional resources to take some time and look at what OH has to offer. Click on the OH magazine on the side of my blog and type in my code baker11 to receive a discounted rate for a 1 year subscription.

I wish you the best of luck in your personal journey!

No comments: