Monday, August 15, 2011

Moments that take our breath away...

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away!

That is probably one of my most favorite quotes...

Those who have followed my blog for a while know that my WLS journey has been eventful and challenging at times.  I've been asked more than once why I chose to have bariatric surgery and if I regretted my decision because of my complications/obstacles. 

We all have different reasons why we chose this path and like many things in life, for me it's the little things! Football season recently started again for the elementary kids so the past two weeks have included practice two days a week and Saturday game times.   

Saturday I was reminded again what this journey has allowed me to do..

Having the ability to carry shoulder pads and a helmet, water cooler, chairs and walking up and down the field without stopping every few feet. There was no stopping every few feet to catch my breath, no racing heart, no sweat pouring down my forehead or the thought that if I took one more step I would collapse!

Sharing the energy with him before each game, seeing the elation on his face after each tackle and being there when he looks for me cheering him on in the crowd....

These are some of my most precious breath taking moments...