Thursday, July 30, 2009

Reply to my blog from a fellow weight loss surgery patient!!

Thanks so much for your blog. I am 8 months out and have lost 77 lbs and reached my goal in 6 months. I am so happy. I am 63 years young and so pleased there was a way for me to get the weight off and to be completely off all medication. I have not taken one pill except for vitamins since the day of surgery. I am so thankful for this second chance. I was on a lot of diabetes med. When my doc told me I would have to add another diabetic pill I decided that day I would do something to not be diabetic. I am also off blood pressure med and high cholesterol med. Not to mention I look like a new person. After I saw the picture you took in the jeans I tried on a pair of pants I wore 77 lbs ago and can take the same kind of picture. I love to get dressed in the morning now. I like the no cheat rule. I will never eat sugar or white flour again. I also have many other rules I will not break. I feel great and so blessed to have been able to get the surgery and a 2ND chance.

Yes I would like to encourage or help anyone trying to make this difficult decision. The decision to have surgery has been one of the best decisions I ever made. Not to say it is easy, but in this battle nothing is easy that produces results. This is a glorious lifestyle change and I would definitely make the same decision again. My Doctor was Jones at St Vincent’s of Carmel she was very good and is very strict about your diet restrictions.

Praising God for a second chance
Janet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks